If a metal-working career interests you, certified welding schools in Lamar CO might be right for you!
In as little as 6-12 months, you could complete a on-campus program, and move on to take the American Welding Society’s certification assessment for the opportunity to be recognized as a Certifed Welder..
Continue reading to learn about the admission prerequisites for welding courses in Lamar CO, how to become a licensed welder, and what to anticipate in the employment market.
Discover more about job opportunities in welding by going through the rest of this free site!
Prerequisites for Welding Schools
There are some standards that must be met before you can be a welder.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be capable of communicating competently spoken and written English
- You are at least 18 years old
Top Certified Welding Schools in Colorado
These welding schools in your area are currently admiting students. To make sure you select the right course, you are encouraged to obtain info from several schools prior to choosing one.
The Reason Welding Certification is So Needed
There are different kinds of certifications that you can earn by graduating from welding training in Lamar CO. Earning these certifications may help you in many areas.
- Getting a certification or other specialized certification frequently leads to higher pay
- Being certified differentiates you from your competitors when applying for work
- Certified welders are considered for employment with a larger number of employers
Kinds of Welder’s Certificates
While the American Welding Society’s basic Certified Welder certificate opens the door for most job opportunities, many industries call for a specialized certificate. A handful of the most-widely used of them are listed below.
- American Petroleum Institute Certification for welders that work with pipelines in the energy industry
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Certification for individuals that focus on boiler and pressure vessels
- Certified Welding Instructor and Senior Certified Welding Instructor Certifications for Welding Inspectors and Senior Welding Inspectors
- CW Certification to be a Certified Welder
Learn more on welding qualifications by visiting here!
Employment and Income
Growth of Jobs for Welding Specialists in Lamar CO
For soon to be welders, the career outlook is one of the brightest of any occupation in Colorado. The rise in new work opportunities for welders are projected to increase nationwide by the year 2022 and in Colorado. Because of so many favorable factors on your side, your opportunity has never been better to be a welding specialist.
The subsequent data illustrates job and salary projections for professional welders in Colorado through the end of the decade.
|2012||2022||Change||Annual Job Openings|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||4,000||4,600||15%||160|
Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
Source: O*Net Online
The Basics of Welding Classes
Although there isn’t a guide on the ways to pick the right welding schools, there are specific points to consider. You could be told that welding specialist training are all identical, but there are some issues you need to look into prior to choosing which welder courses to enroll in in Lamar CO. We simply cannot stress enough the importance of the program you choose being accredited and recognized by the AWS. Although not as necessary as the program’s accreditation status, you may want to consider some of the following areas too:
- Try to find classes that meet AWS SENSE standards
- Make sure the program teaches with technology that satisfies the latest industry guidelines
- Find out if the institution gives financial support
- Be sure the college’s curriculum offers courses in pipe welding, GTAW, GMAW, and SMAW
You Are Now Prepared to Begin!
With the tips and info you’ve learned here, you are now ready to and start your new job as a welder through registering for certified welding schools!Welding Schools Staff